This Privacy Notice contains important information on what happens when you create an account with us.
What we collect and when:
1. When you register we collect details of your name, address, email address, phone number and optionally your vehicle registration. There is also the option to provide your credit or debit card details at this point, these are passed directly to Stripe Payment Services (see point 4).
2. From your vehicle registration, we determine your vehicle’s make and model.
3. Any time you use our Start a Charge feature or Map we collect your current location data.
Why we collect it:
1. We collect your personal information to fulfil our contract with you, as set out in our Terms and Conditions.
2. We store your vehicle’s make and model to help determine any faults common to a particular vehicle type.
3. We collect your current location data to find and display chargers close to you.
How long we retain it:
1. We keep your personal data for the term of your contract with us.
2. We retain your vehicle’s make and model indefinitely (anonymised, so not linked to you in any way).
3. Your location data is used for that single transaction only, and not stored.
Who we share it with:
1. In the case of hardware faults that we cannot resolve, with your consent we will forward your contact details to the manufacturer to continue investigation. When you order a home charger, we will forward your details to our contractors, to perform the installation.
OUR COMMUNICATIONS TO YOU
We will not send communications to you without your consent, other than those which are necessary to provide our service to you. When you register, and within your account settings, you can choose to receive Marketing communications. You can opt-out of these at any time through your online account, alternatively you can contact our Customer Service team on 0333 332 1230, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form.
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) you have specific rights to the data we hold about you.
1. The right to be informed about the collection and use of your data
2. The right of access to your personal data
3. The right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data
4. The right to erasure of your personal data
5. The right to restrict processing of your personal data
6. The right to data portability, if you would like to re-use the data you have provided to CPS, for another purpose.
For more information please see the ICO’s website.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights regarding your data, please email email@example.com, or contact our Customer Service team on 0333 332 1230, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form.
If you feel we are not progressing your request adequately, you can escalate your request to the Information Commissioner’s Office, https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For any enquiries regarding this notice, please email us at email@example.com. For general enquiries, please call 0333 332 1230, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form.