ENGIE EV PERSONAL DATA AND COOKIES POLICY
ENGIE EV Solutions Limited (“ENGIE EV Solutions”, “we”, “our”) operates this website (“Website”). Hence, ENGIE EV Solutions processes the personal data of its customers and potential customers (herein after jointly referred to as “customers”) and adheres to the applicable regulations pertaining to personal data protection.
ENGIE EV Solutions operates its Website and services as a Data Controller for customers utilising its Electric Vehicle (“EV”) Services. It is important to us that you feel confident that your personal information is safe and being looked after. We appreciate the trust you place in us and in return we respect our customers’ privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
This policy sets out our commitment to the protection of your privacy and personal data in relation to the Services we provide.
- Purpose of data processing
Our EV Services and website are provided in order to facilitate the provision of various services including:
- Provide you and/or your Company with access to vehicle charging services;
- Provide you and/or your Company with a map of our current UK Coverage network;
- Provide you and/or your Company with facts, figures, Service updates and industry news;
- Help you keep abreast of changes and developments to our Services;
- Provide our contact details and an enquiry form for you and/or your Company to communicate with us directly.
As such it is necessary to hold limited personal data on users of our Services in order to:
- Create, operate and maintain your account;
- Allow users to make full use of our Services features;
- Provide you and/or your Company with support and respond to your enquiries and requests for assistance;
- To manage and improve our Services and aid in the detection, prevention and resolution of any technical issues.
- Data categories
When you join us as a customer, use our Website, or get in touch with us, we collect personal data in order to provide you with our Services. We only collect data that is necessary for its intended purposes.
Several categories of data are collected, in particular:
- Personal details (name, telephone number, home address, location and email address);
- Vehicle details (vehicle registration);
Mandatory information is marked with an asterisk in forms.
- Recipients of the data
Only authorised recipients receive and have access to personal data, in compliance with current regulations. These will be:
- Our employees involved in the provision of our Services (who are based in the UK);
- Our legal representatives or other concerned parties in circumstances where we reasonably believe that disclosing personal data is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring or interfering with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities;
- Relevant government, regulatory or public authorities (including the police);
- Our approved sub-processors including billing, web analytics and Cloud service providers;
- Other potential third-parties to whom you’ve requested products or services, or where we are required by law to disclose information.
- Data retention time
Your personal data will be stored for a period of seven years after you provide us notice that you wish your account to be terminated with us.
If your account remains inactive for a period of five consecutive years, we will assume you have provided us notice to terminate your account with us.
- Storage and transfer of data
ENGIE EV Solutions is based in the UK and personal data will only be stored and processed in the UK. We may however need to process personal data outside of the UK, for example where we use website or call analytics tools. Any US transfer will be done under the EU-US Privacy Shield or using other safeguards that have been approved by the relevant regulatory body.
ENGIE EV Solutions verifies that its subcontractors use all the technical and organisational measures necessary to ensure that your data is protected.
- Your rights to your data
You are entitled to access, query, amend, delete, limit or transfer any personal data concerning you. Please contact us using the details given below in order to exercise these rights.
If you have agreed, we and/or selected third parties may use your personal data to provide you with details about offers, promotions, products or services which we believe may be of interest to you. This may include other members of the ENGIE Group or UK/EEA based companies offering services relating to Electric Vehicles and/or energy efficiency. If you change your mind about this at any time, please let us know by getting in touch with our Customer Care Team on 020 3598 4087 or by emailing email@example.com.
For queries related to personal data please use the following details:
Attention: Head of Privacy and Data Protection
25 Canada Square,
London E14 5LQ
If you are not satisfied with the response which you receive, you may contact the Information Commissioners Office to make a complaint.
When visiting the Website, a cookie may be installed on your browser.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your machine primarily to ensure that the Website can manage our users’ session correctly (“necessary cookies”). You can also allow us to place “analytical cookies” on your browser. These are cookies which improve your user experience through services such as autocomplete functions or provide Website analytics. We may also request your permission to install marketing cookies.
You can approve the analytical or marketing cookies by pressing the ‘Accept’ button, or if you’d prefer to use our website without accepting these cookies although it may impact your experience and mean you may miss out on some offers. You can disable these cookies through your browser settings.
Cookies are kept for a maximum period of 12 months and then deleted.
The cookies used within this context are: