Advice to EV Drivers during Covid-19 Crisis
In light of the ongoing situation regarding Covid-19, we would like to reassure you that the GeniePoint Network is fully functional and operational nationwide. GeniePoint Network chargers are PAYG, so there is no need to have contact with another person when using the chargers.
However, you will need to handle the charger handle whilst connecting to your vehicle, and the touch screen even if you are using the GeniePoint mobile web app, so we would like to remind you of the Government’s advice when touching surfaces in the public domain.
If possible, be prepared ahead of your journey so your car is equipped with essentials.
- Consider carrying disposable gloves in your vehicle to use when handling the charger.
- Use the gloved hand to handle and operate the charger, the other to use your mobile phone and RFID card.
- Use a disinfectant wipe to clean the charger handle and touch screen before use. If neither of the above are available, paper towel can be used to hold the charger handle.
Please make sure you dispose of gloves and wipes responsibly after use.
- If possible, wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water after using the charger. If washing facilities are not located near the charger, use hand sanitizer as an alternative.
- Don’t forget to remove your gloves or wipe your vehicle door handle before re-entering your car.
Our customer service team are available 24/7 on 0203 598 4087 to give you any help and advice you may need whilst using the GeniePoint Network.
We hope all our customers stay safe during these difficult and uncertain times.